LAST UPDATED: Saturday, February 23th -12pm CST
GENERAL TEXAS MUTUAL AID AND RESOURCE DOC - https://bit.ly/texas-resources
KEEP IN MIND COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
ALTERNATE DOC/DIRECTORY OF RESOURCES - CREATED BY @MOVE_TEXAS
CLICK HERE FOR SPANISH VERSION/HAGA CLICK AQUI PARA VERSION EN ESPAÑOL
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES OR INDIVIDUAL AID OFFERS WE CAN ADD, CLICK HERE or HERE TO CONTACT.
YOU CAN ALSO JOIN A TELEGRAM CHANNEL HERE.
MESSAGE @HurricanIvan2 to be added to a SLACK WORKSPACE HERE.
Jump to a specific category by clicking the document outline icon in the upper left corner of the doc (desktop only). Looks like this:
CITY SPECIFIC DOCS
* Click here for in-depth DFW doc Includes restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, and more.
* Click here for Houston resources Click here for open businesses.
* Click here for alternate Houston Resources
* Click here for Austin resources. (Haga click aqui para version en español)
* Click here for Austin crowdsourced doc
* Click here for Austin resource MAP
* Click here for San Antonio resources (2nd list)
* Click here for El Paso resources
FOOD BANKS + SNAP BENEFITS
* Feeding Texas Network - Search for your local food bank using your zip code.
* Rio Grande Valley Texas Food Bank
* Central Texas Food Bank
* North Texas Food Bank
* Houston Food Bank
* East Texas Food Bank
* SNAP benefits recipients may be eligible for replacement benefits. Click here for info.
* Texans in need can apply for benefits, including SNAP and Medicaid, at YourTexasBenefits.com or use the Your Texas Benefits mobile app to manage your benefits.
Contact by clicking the hyperlink and visiting their Twitter/Instagram/Linktree/etc.
* Central Texas Crisis Cleanup (more info here) — call “Crisis Clean-Up” at 1-800-329-8052. Phone line open Monday-Saturday 9 am–8 pm and Sunday 1–6pm
* Individual request assistance form by @xaviercmiller
* Individual request assistance form - Volunteer form by FunkyTownFridge.org IG for updates.
* Call (682) 207-7436 if you’re trapped without heat or electricity/have immediate needs.They are helping to do wellness checks in underserved black neighborhoods!!!
* Individual request assistance form by the Texas NAACP.
* Individual resource offers + general info thread by @itsa_talia
* Individual request assistance form for Fort Worth, Texas.
* Individual resource offer - Willowbrook
* Individual resource offer (+ free dog food) - Wichita Falls
* Individual resource offer - Spring
* Hotels with availability AND power - Click here to submit more
* List of autonomous mutual aid groups across Texas - compiled by ItsGoingDown.org
* @cs_rescue - emergency responses with generators and heaters.
* O.D. Access is a nonprofit syringe access and harm reduction program working to build power with people who use drugs in Fort Worth, Texas. Call or text (682)730.0715.
* Border Region Behavioral Health Center - www.borderregion.org
* Genesis Women's Center - Safety, shelter and support for women and children who have experienced domestic violence.
* Transportation and shelter: www.crowdsourcerescue.org/freeze
* Texas Veterans Support - https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USVA/bulletins/2c1f47c/
WANT TO HELP?
* Powered By The People is seeking DRIVERS throughout Texas to distribute resources to the elderly. Click here for the volunteer driver/delivery form.
* TRANSPORTATION Volunteer form
* PHONE BANK FOR WELLNESS CHECKS SIGN UP/DONATE HERE - via poweredxpeople.org
* HELP HOUSELESS PEOPLE
* Texas Relief Warriors is seeking volunteers. https://www.instagram.com/texasreliefwarriors or https://www.facebook.com/TexasReliefWarriors/
ORGS REQUESTING HELP
* 2/21: Austin Mutual Aid needs SPACE FOR DISTRIBUTION on Weds/Thurs (2/25-2/26). Click here for more info. Email: austinmutualaid.com
* WATER & PLUMBING SUPPLIES NEEDED - https://gbgsmoco.org/
* Houseless Shelter - Recently Lost Power (Urgent) - @presbyteriannightshelter
* PVAS Partner Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/471530777159307 Need blankets, requesting donations https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E126904&id=78
* Primate Sanctuary (URGENT HELP NEEDED) - https://twitter.com/primate_refuge
* ARISE - Says the communities they serve are without power and are “dangerously cold.” — https://www.arisesotex.org/ — They work with colonias on the border, low-infrastructure communities.
* CALL 211 to find your nearest warming shelter - https://www.211texas.org/
* CALL 311 CAPMETRO or APD can pick you up
* List of warming centers across Texas
* Up-to-date list and details of warming centers in all Texas regions by @dosomething
* San Antonio: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center opened as a warming center. Residents in need of transportation can call 311 for VIA Metro Transport (as of 2/16).
* Fort Worth: Sign up for TEXT alerts for available resources.
North Texas Warming Centers
Central Texas Warming Centers
Montgomery County Warming Centers
Warming Center Twitter MegaThread
Pet Friendly Warming Centers in Collin County
(Image below, must be on computer for max quality)
Image Transcription provided by @DisabledDem
Text in image from McKinney Democrats (updated 5:40 PM CST Feb. 16, 2021) reads:
Pet friendly warming centers in Collin County [Texas]
McKinney, Texas: First United Methodist, use “the hub” entrance 102 W. Lamar St. Overnight allowed. Bring your own sleeping bag or blanket, food, and masks. UPDATE: PETS ALLOWED!
Fairview, Texas: Chase Oaks (Sloan Creek) 611 W. Stacy Road – open for warming and charging stations as well as coffee & food. Overnight is ok. Bring a sleeping bag, mask, & blankets if you can, they have extras. Pets in crates are ok.
Sachse, Texas: Chase Oaks (Woodbridge) 2709 3rd St., - OVERNIGHT warming and charging stations as well as coffee & food. Bring a MASK, sleeping bag, and blankets if you can. They have extras. Pets in crates are ok.
Richardson #2 (pets allowed on leash or in kennels) First Baptist Richardson overnight warming center at the activity center (look for the orange cones). If you have your own blankets and food please bring them. 1001 N Central Expy Richardson, TX 75080.
Richardson #1 (pets allowed on a leash or in kennels) @ Richardson Civic Center 411 W Arapaho. They are only open 10 am – 4 pm not overnight. Don’t forget to bring your own dog bowls and all that. Get warm and get your charge on!
Garland, Texas (pets allowed in kennels) New Liberty Baptist Church – Phone 972-278-8043. Address 333 West Centerville Rd., Garland. Masks are required. They are overnight so bring blankets, pillows, food. They have drinking water.
Murphy Texas has a temporary warming station with city employees & volunteers helping you find permanent shelter. Pets are allowed on a leash or in a crate. Follow @CityofMurphy fb posts for updates.
Lewisville Texas: warming center at Music City Mall is pet-friendly. Bring a leash or kennel. Bring your own snacks, water, blankets, and other necessities. No weapons are allowed. Proper use of facial coverings is required at this warming station.
Denton Texas: Martin Luther King Recreation Center, 1300 Wilson Ave. Overnight. Open 24 hours a day. Bring your mask but they have extras if needed. Water and snacks provided. Pets are allowed, bring a leash or crate please. Cots provided for those needing a place to stay overnight.
Via McKinney Democrats Twitter [@McKDems] (updated hourly).”
End image text.
BASIC GUIDES TO NAVIGATING COLD WEATHER
* COLD WEATHER HANDBOOK PDF (Created by the city of GUNTER, TEXAS)
* WINTER DRIVING TIPS (NHTSA) (PDF VERSION)
TIPS ON STAYING WARM
* Personal warmth thread by @mixbecca
* Personal warmth thread by @cherrygryffon
* Staying warm resources doc by NewsNotNoise/@jessicayellin
* Resource guide by @mfoltx
* Terra cotta heater tutorial by @serpentemblem
* How to make a rocket stove guide by @crimethinc
* COLD WEATHER HANDBOOK PDF
SAFETY TIPS FOR DISABLED FOLX
* Navigating snow thread by @imani_barbarin
RESOURCES FOR THE UNHOUSED
Check their accounts for updates and to contact for assistance.
* AustinMutualAid has been working to get hotels for unhoused people.
Instagram - Linktree - Request form
EMERGENCY STUDENT AID
* UT Austin Student Emergency Housing - [email protected] 512-471-5017
* Warm Oatmeal Delivery Sign-Up (Morning of 02/16)
* @UTAustin @UTexasMoody @UTJSchool students, campus buildings have heat and power. Mask up and grab your gear:
* SanJac Hall, Texas Union for warming
* Food service at J2 & Kins until 2:30; again at 4:30
* SanJac front desk for housing assistance
* #TXST is deploying shuttles to the Lantana Hall bus stop in San Marcos beginning Feb. 16 at 6 pm. Students living on or off-campus can access the shuttles to warm up. Shuttles will be available overnight, but they ask students to not plan on spending all night on the busses.
* Professors collecting